Tango Management is a service firm committed to delivering success on the Client’s terms. Established in 2012 to address the needs of Client’s seeking dedicated Project and Construction Management expertise, our mission is to act on behalf of Owners by providing concept-to-completion Project and Construction Management that stays focused on achieving project goals, while capitalizing on key opportunities for saving time and money.
Tango is currently seeking an Assistant Site Manager for one of our projects located in Cochrane, AB.
This position will provide support to the Site Manager in managing the work on-site to ensure the compliance of construction with drawings and specifications, enforce company and project policies and ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- As a member of the Project Site Team, your duties include being in charge of various elements of site construction activities on a daily basis.
- Oversee and be responsible for all site activities in the absence of the site manager.
- Take the lead on productivity issues and monitor work performance and efficiency of employees and subcontractors to ensure project plans and schedule are followed and the project is executed effectively and within budget.
- Contribute to the development of a construction plan and manage subcontractor activities.
- Assure construction compliance with design requirements.
- Supervise and coordinate field engineering and construction activities.
- Assure compliance with project construction schedule budgets and assist in the commissioning of project systems.
- Ensure project materials and workmanship meets the project Quality Standards.
- Ensure the implementation of the Safety Program to create a safe work environment throughout the jobsite and adhere to the safety and record keeping requirements.
- Document and report all injuries.
- Work directly with Site Manager to identify and resolve potential problems, work interferences or schedule difficulties while assisting in circumventing/resolving such conflicts.
- Maintain and analyze up-to-date cost reports and submit necessary changes to ensure the project is delivered within budget.
- Perform additional assignments as directed by superiors or as required for successful project completion.
Education & Experience:
- A construction related degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- A minimum of four years construction experience.
- Strong knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations.
- Ability to evaluate trade performance is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, scheduling, cost control, quality control, engineering drawings and other documents.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others a must.
- Detail orientated with excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in commercial construction and general foreman traits.
- Carpentry background would be an asset.
- Must be physically capable.